Image

Image

Friday, April 13, 2012

Print Ads


Advertisements are intended to draw our attention. They are supposed to capture us and prompt us to use a product or make a purchase. Print ads are some of my favorite advertisements; they are creative as well as informative - I definitely have my favorites. In this blog I'm going to provide you with my top 5 print advertisements. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.


1. Sally Hansen Salon Effects
I see this advertisement a lot; it is in almost every magazine I read. I love how the image seems as though it is 3-dimensional. The nails look like they are popping out at you - you want to buy these nail designs! Seeing this advertisement so much actually made me purchase them and I think they are amazing! They last so much longer than nail polish and are really simple to apply. This ad is heavy on the creative aspect; it provides information but does not make that information the main focus like some ads do. 

2.  Forever 21 
I love all of the Forever 21 ads in general - I just chose to use this one as an example. This store is definitely one of my favorites and viewing these ads simply spark my interest. The models are always dressed in amazing outfits - some that you wouldn't even think to put together! They give you ideas to create your own outfits based on what you see; they spark that creative piece inside of you. 

3. Juicy Couture "Peace, Love Juicy" Fragrance Ad
This advertisement is yet another one of my favorites. All of the Juicy Couture ads are very regal looking yet young and artistic. This ad draws your attention to the gigantic perfume bottle as well as the elaborate accessories draped all around the model.  It is incredibly creative and filled with the beauty and high-end fashion you would expect from a brand such as Juicy Couture. 

4. Range Rover

Range Rovers - these cars are incredibly desired (especially by me). It is meant to be influential; it is intended to make you want to purchase this vehicle for a gift. The imagery is attention-grabbing. You don't see the background as much as you see the car. All of the Range Rover advertisements seem to be constructed in a similar manner yet they never lose their influence or creativity.

5. Dior Sunglasses 
Dior is yet another high-end fashion brand. This advertisement can definitely attest to that. The model appears to be superior and high-up in society. You want those sunglasses and you want to be her. This advertisement makes you feel as though you will achieve greatness if you purchase these sunglasses. It is simple yet influential and I love it. 


1 comment:

  1. The fashion ads and cosmetics are always good (almost always!) The Sally Hansen ad is interesting; juicy couture too
    Nice selection and good comments
    10 points

    ReplyDelete