Image

Image

Friday, February 10, 2012

The Grammy's

Everyone knows about the Grammy Awards - they're the most prestigious award show for the music industry! It is an honorable thing to win one of these coveted awards, mostly because artists are nominated and voted for by their peers in the music industry. Have you ever made a guess on who was going to win what? Well, that is what I am going to be doing in this blog! I will make my predictions and then, on Sunday, see if I got any right!

Let's get started!

Record of the Year: Rolling in the Deep by Adele.
Let's face it, we know Adele is going to win! Her songs dominate! While I was a fan of this song when it first came out, the radio overplaying it kind of killed it for me. The popularity of her music has soared in the past year, and although I am no longer too fond of this song, I definitely think she deserves it!

Song of the Year: Rolling in the Deep by Adele.
My reasons for this are the same as the previous - Adele kills it! Her voice is amazing! No matter if you are a fan or not, I bet you find yourself humming along to her songs every once in a while. Considering I only know 3 out of the 5 songs listed in this category, I believe Adele is the top contender.

Album of the Year: Born This Way by Lady Gaga.
Almost anyone you ask would admit to being a fan of Mother Monster! You sing along to her catchy tunes and look forward to whatever crazy outfit we'll see her wearing next. Her songs are catchy and make you want to get up and randomly start dancing; I truly believe she will win this!

Best New Artist: Nicki Minaj
Although I am not the biggest fan of this woman, Nicki Minaj has achieved extreme popularity in the past year. Her style and music is completely unique; her songs are consistently playing on the radio. Besides, after seeing her sing with little Sophia Grace Brownlee on the Ellen Degeneres show how can you resist?

Best Pop Solo Performance: Firework by Katy Perry
Katy Perry is well-liked by everyone and this song has an important meaning. It talks about being yourself and not being afraid to show it to the world. It is powerful and moving, and Katy Perry puts on an awesome performance. She brings the message to life in an incredible way! I have always been a fan  of Katy Perry; I honestly hope she wins!

Well, there you have it - my votes for the 2012 Grammy's! I cannot wait until Sunday night; I hope some of my predictions were correct!


1 comment:

  1. Adele might sweep it, but if she doesn't it might be Lady Gaga who beats her
    Good discussion on your choices
    10 points

    ReplyDelete